Regional IT Officer
Description of the unit / department:
IT department is tasked with providing and maintaining ICT services and applications to its Trócaire offices in Ireland and in the Field
Background to the Role:
To ensure that Trócaire staff in Central America are able to use Trócaire systems effectively and efficiently, through the provision of 1st and 2nd line support, the implementation and maintenance of local ICT infrastructure according to Trócaire policies and standards, and training staff in systems use.
Subject to location either the Country Director Honduras, Nicaragua or Guatemala. Dotted line to IT Operations and Enterprise Systems
This is a locally recruited (Honduran, Nicaragua, Guatemala nationals and residents) full-time position
Initial period of 1 year.
Subject to performance, priorities, and funds, the position may be extended beyond that period.
Grade and Scale:
Location of Position
Tegucigalpa, Honduras or Managua, Nicaragua or Guatemala City, Guatemala.
Scope of the Role:
IT Support Trócaire LARO as defined by IT Department Maynooth
Safeguarding Children Policy:
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our Programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. This role may require police vetting.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the ICT helpdesk and respond to calls logged for the country offices and for wider organisation when time allows. Identify the nature of problems, determine appropriate action, priority and escalate if necessary.
- Liaise with regional & country management on service and IT requirements.
- Coordinate with local Internet Service providers and address connectivity issues. Feedback to central/HQ IT with possible alternative solutions advances in technology, which may provide improved and more reliable connectivity solutions for the Central America offices.
- Work with local providers to ensure reliable power for ICT systems in the Central America offices.
- Responsible for IT procurement and managing local suppliers and complying with procurement guidelines.
- Carry out network security checks and liaise with operations team to resolve network and connectivity issues.
- Set up new staff with accounts for Trócaire applications i.e. network, e-mail, Agresso, Document Library, Salesforce, Box.
- Set up new staff with appropriate client device i.e. laptop, desktop, tablet and rebuild client device if necessary.
- Ensure that client devices adhere to Trócaire security policies by enabling encryption and ensuring appropriate updates, Anti-Virus and policies are applied on all devices.
- Monitor and test backups and also ensure backups are rotated off site
- Provide guidance and governance for data management in Trócaire Central America offices.
- Provide training to new staff on Trócaire IT processes and procedures.
- Carry out application training and documentation.
- Support technologies for video/tele conferencing deployed in the country / field offices.
- Provide support to programme staff in Trócaire and partner organisations in applying technology in programmes, such as for data collection in monitoring, evaluations, etc. and provide training where necessary for staff. This includes identifying potential suppliers of technology, digital tools that can be used by partners, document experiences of using ICT4D in projects, support evaluations and keep abreast of trends in ICT4D.
- Update country risk register for IT.
- Generate reports and summary of activities if required.
- Take on other duties that may be assigned by the Maynooth IT Department, Country Director or the Head of Region.
Person Specification – Required Requirements
University degree in ICT ( or equivalent qualification from a technical institution or substantial working experience in the ICT domain )
At least 4 years working in a ICT administration role
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and software with proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve related problems.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience administering cloud based services such as Office365, Salesforce, Box.com (any)
- Antivirus/Malware detection and removal
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English are required.
- Highly organised, proactive, self motivated.
- Client service skills (interpersonal)
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team. Good team player, willing to assist and share knowledge
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Delivery and service focused
- Energy and drive
Must be available to travel and work outside of normal working hours as required
Person Specification – Desirable Requirements (D)
MCP, MCSE, CompTIA Certification
Direct Experience of the NGO sector and delivering IT in connectivity constrained environments.
- Firewalls, VPN, Wan, WiFi
- Microsoft Windows 2012 server
- Microsoft AD, DNS and Virtualized environments
- Video Conferencing
- Digital Data Collection
Job Spec created by (Initials):
Job Spec edited by (Initials):
Job Spec approved by (Initials):
HB & TC
Las personas interesadas que cumplan con todos los requisitos establecidos deben enviar su currículo vitae y carta de motivación ambos en ingles con aspiración salarial y el país en donde quieren trabajar a más tardar el viernes 18 de agosto del 2017.
No se tomarán en cuenta aquellos CVs que no cumplan con todos los requisitos
Trócaire alienta encarecidamente a las mujeres a que presenten sus solicitudes
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th August 2017.